Time-on-Task: 41 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This short course will provide allied health professionals with key information regarding the transition in medical billing from ICD-9 to ICD-10. It will present an overview of ICD-10, the changes that practitioners will need to know about in order to provide accurate information to medical billers and coders, and other important aspects of ICD-10 that relate directly to ensuring appropriate coding and payment.
- Explain the benefits of ICD-10-CM over ICD-9-CM
- Explain the organizational structure of the ICD-10-CM manual
- Explain the meaning and significance of the various characters and terms found in the ICD-10-CM coding system
- Explain the nuances of ICD-10-CM
- Describe the purpose and process of procedural coding
- Explain the benefits of ICD-10-PCS over ICD-9-CM Volume 3
- Explain the meaning and significance of the various characters and terms found in the ICD-10-PCS coding system
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes